Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Beautiful Fall Morning....

A beautiful fall morning in Des Moines Iowa; silent and chilly.
As I got home from working out I started to pull in my driveway where to my utter surprise a Bicyclist was leaving the path right next to my house and crossing my driveway. I almost killed him. Note to all people everywhere that ride their bikes at 6:30 in the morning, wear something reflective, or you will become my hood ornament.


As I watched the morning news I saw that republicans kicked some major booty, which put me in a good mood. Now I just hope they actually do something good while in office.


I was leaving my house and closing my side door when I heard something in the field next to me, at first I thought it was the bicyclist, perhaps hit by another car, but it wasn't. It was a beautiful, huge deer; I couldn't help but smile at the setting. The sun wasn't quite shining yet, but the blue skies peeking over the small forest next to my house, made the perfect fall setting. I startled the deer when my screen door closed, but in just a few seconds we reached an agreement. He would make me happy by showing up every once in awhile, peaceful and tranquil; and in return, I would not hit him with my car.

I think we'll be friends for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment