Monday, January 10, 2011

Mark Twain's Huck Finn

Mark Twain's Huck Finn:
Did you know that they are republishing this book with out the "N" word? They changed the word to "slave". I could get pretty heated in a discussion on this...
If we are going to go back and change the words that are no longer politically correct in books, we'll be re-writing history. If a child read this book and was offended by the "N" word, I can understand, but that is history. It is the word that was used in that time. It's a horrible word, I hate when it's said in movies, music, even books - but it's my choice to watch, listen or read those things. I do NOT think changing that word is the right thing to do.
What words will they have to change next - to remain politically correct?

I would like all books that call a white person cracker - rewritten to say Caucasian or of European decent.

Seriously people... aren't there more important things in the CURRENT world to try to fix? Do we really need to try to 'fix' history?

No comments:

Post a Comment