Saturday, August 6, 2011

Peru Post 2: Planes, Trains and Automobiles


This is a picture out of the window of the plane on our way to Cuzco. The Andes Mountains.
 On the train ride from Cuzco to the city near Machupicchu, they gave us yum-yums. Sandwich, some little cake and of course, Inca Kola!
My dad!! We were on the top of a double decker bus taking a '3 hour tour', of downtown Lima, Peru. It was fun fun fun!!!

 The plane we waiting to get on in Chicago, before we left the USA. I was nervous at that point. But couldn't wait to start the adventure!!
I wish I had some pictures of the traffic in Peru. But when I was in the taxi's or buses I was just holding on for dear life. 2 lanes of traffic, would turn to four lanes. Want to turn left? You can do that from the right lane. If you weren't tailgating the car in front of you, you would probably be the one causing an accident. It was chaos, but every driver knew what they were doing and we did not see a single accident. (thank goodness).

No comments:

Post a Comment