Thursday, September 15, 2011

Vegetarian/Vegan Status

Update: I am 10 days in to my 21 day Vegetarian/Vegan life style.

·         I  feel Good.
·         I don’t feel skinner really, but I do feel healthier.
·         Vegans can eat French fries… enough said.
·         I ordered vegetable fajitas last night at El Rodeo. I ate green peppers, onions, a little guacamole and rice on nice warm tortillas and I actually enjoyed it! I don’t even like ONIONS! But they were yummy.
·         Since my diet is a little bit more restricted, I MIGHT have not had enough to eat and too much to drink last Saturday during the Iowa/ISU game and was home, in bed, passed out at 6pm. That has nothing to do with the fact that I am old and need to realize I can’t drink like I’m 21 still.
·         I think being a vegetarian isn’t that hard. Being a vegan is a LOT of work and very difficult. I applaud anyone that lives a full time, all the time, vegan lifestyle.
·         11 more days and then I plan on having a nice glass of skim milk. I do plan on sticking with the vegetarian diet, for the most part and I want to keep my diary and egg intake to a minimum. For no other reason than this life style forces me to make smarter meal choices and to eat a lot of veggies and fruits.

No comments:

Post a Comment