Friday, December 30, 2011

I Think of Him Everyday....

It's been a year since Brendan passed away.
A year.

It doesn't seem like it's been that long since I've heard his laugh, seen his smile or heard him yell "DDOOOORRRKKKK".

I read this in a book and thought it was the most truthful statement I have heard...
 
“We are often told during times of bereavement that time heals all wounds. That’s crap. In truth, you are devastated, you mourn, you cry to the point where you think you’ll never stop – and then you reach a stage where the survival instinct takes over. You stop. You simply won’t let yourself “go there” anymore because the pain was too great. You block. You deny. But you don’t really heal.”
-          Live Wire (Harlan Coben)


 

I miss you every day Brendan.

No comments:

Post a Comment