Sunday, March 2, 2014

Repost - Be All There

I’ll call it a New Years Resolution, but really it’s a change I need to make for life.

Last year I gave up French fries for my resolution…. Haven’t had one in over a year now. (Also did that in 2007 and 2009)  I think I will keep that resolution in 2014 as well, as I do not miss them.

This year besides getting in shape for my wedding and Hawaii, I am going to live by a quote I recently saw on Pinterest:

“Wherever you are, be all there.”

How do I plan to do this?
Multiples of ways.
  1. When out with friends/family do not have my phone out. Not on the table, not in my lap – put it away. My friends and family deserve my absolute attention and me to ‘be all there’.
  2. I will not get on Facebook to post about funny things or situations with my friends when I am still at dinner with them, etc. I will wait till after our ‘in person’ time is over. Again, my lovely friends/family deserve all of my attention.
  3. I am a worrier and a planner; I will stop planning next week when it’s still this week. I will ‘be all there’ at the dinner table and nightly conversations with my little family instead of worrying about things that need to be done.
  4. I will stop what I am doing when Mary wants to ask me something or give me a hug. Whatever I am doing is not more important than showing Mary how much I love her. I will ‘be all there’, even if the very important story she needs to tell me doesn’t seem to be important at all – it’s important to her and that is what matters.
  5. I will try harder to LISTEN when people are talking, not thinking of what I’m going to say when they are done. I will ‘be all there’ in my conversations at home, work, outings, etc.
 I think a lot of people could benefit from this.
Many times I’ve been out with people and looked around and at every table at least 1/2 of the people are doing something on their phones.
Pay attention to those that are right in front of you. If they are important to you, they deserve that.
Wherever I am, I plan on being all there.

No comments:

Post a Comment