Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Help Raise Money for a Cure!

Imagine if this was a conversation you had:

"Mrs. Rider, I need you and your husband to come to the hospital- with your daughter - to discuss her test results."
"Doctor, please tell me what's going on."
"I think it would be best if we spoke in person."
"If you don't tell me right now, I think I'm going to lose it."
"I'm so sorry, I believe your daughter has cystic fibrosis".


It has been 10 years since Susie Rider got this call about her 4 year old daughter. Andrea is now 14 years old and she appears healthy on the outside, she is pancreatic insufficient, has the start of liver cirrhosis and frequently battles intestinal issues. CF wreaks havoc on the body.

CF is a progressive disease giving one a life expectancy about 37 years of age.

37… I'm 30 and if I had CF, statistics would be telling me I have about 7 years left. Puts things in a whole new light, doesn't it?

Andrea is an amazing teenager, who I have known since she was about 6 months old. I have seen her grow up, brave hospitals, endless tests, breathing treatments and having to take multiple pills every day. She is much braver then I am. She is smart beyond her years and one of the most caring, unselfish people I know. She lives life to the fullest everyday - she is an example that many of us should follow. Never take your health, childrens health or a single day forgranted.

Please donate to cystic fibrosis to help find a cure for this fatal disease.
Any amount is much appreciated.

You can donate online at http://www.cff.org/Great_Strides/dsp_DonationPage.cfm?walkid=7229&idUser=246618

You can even register to join the walk in May!

On behalf of Andrea's Angels - Team Moeller - THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment