Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Love

I looked at my blog from a year ago and it was pretty boring.
It's been that way for awhile.
I think that it's a good sign, as I don't have much to complain or bitch about anymore.

My life has changed a lot since last year.
I met (re-met) an amazing man who LOVES me. Even the parts of me I didn't think anyone could ever handle or ever love... he does.
He listens.
He watches.
He reads my moods.
Seems to know my thoughts.
And makes me laugh at myself all the time.
He makes everyday better. More sunnier.
I never thought I would find this.
Never.
I'd given up on the thought of finding a man that I could really love and he could really love me.
Then I ran in to Jerry.
We graduated high school together.
We were friends.
We are now best friends.
He is the love of my life and everyday is better because I have him next to me.
You might all be vomiting over the mushy-ness of this post, but I think it's about damn time I was able to write a post like this.
He knows my weaknesses and my fears.
He knows that if I'm moody, more than likely I am hungry.
He knows that I like beer and turtles and unicorns and hobbits and he doesn't try to change any of that.
He watched the extended versions of all 3 Lord of the Rings with me, without complaint.
If that isn't love, I don't know what is.
Jerry comes with a daughter. A beautiful active crazy loving handful of 5 year old girlness.
She's tough. She's smart.
She likes to talk and loves attention.
She has challenged me in ways I never thought I would be challenged.
I had decided I would never have children.
I didn't want them.
I fell in love with Jerry and fell in love with his child.
I look at being a 'mom' differently now.
It's not easy.
It's hard.
But it's amazing what love can do.
Where I am now is where I never thought I'd be, but I am so glad everything has happened to get me here.
He is amazing.
He comes with an amazing daughter.
And I am in love with both of them.

Don't roll your eyes or vomit in your hands over this post.
Be happy for me.
Be ridiculously happy for me.
I think I deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment